Afterwards you always wonder why you didn't think of it earlier. Although we had known one another for three years and enjoyed each other's music, it was only in the fall of 2001 that the idea of singing together arose. The collaboration worked out rather nicely: Our styles are similar enough to harmonize and yet different enough to expand our mutual horizons. A little competition fires the ambition, and Summer's care and perseverance join with Fall's inspiraton and vigour. Two voices, one delicate, one rough, complementing each other to the pleasure of both.
So what comes of this? Music that mingles elements of Folk, Ballad, Pop and Art Song; lyrics in German, English, sometimes even French or Russian; songs that are dreamy, melancholy, mysterious or simply a bit strange, that are not for everyone, but a lot to some, and that are often, but not always, Filk. But, honestly, what's the difference anyway?
So here we are, Summer & Fall. We sing because we love to feel the harmony of our voices and instruments and want to explore our possibilities, whether or not anybody is listening. But if you should happen to like the results, we surely won't mind....
- * Every year you can find us at FilkContinental Convention which since 2014 is held at the Music Youth Hostel, Wernigerode, Germany. We perform there every few years; the last time was in 2011.
- * Our second CD INTO THE BLUE is available since June 2012!!!
- * In January 2007, the fan fund Interfilk enabled us to travel to Atlanta, Georgia, where we attended the GaFilk-Convention as guests. It was a wonderful, matchless experience; all those memories and moments will be with us for the rest of our lives. Let us try to share them with you in this con report and these photos.
- * In March 2008 Summer & Fall were invited to Consonance Filk Convention near San Francisco, California, as International Guests! A great weekend spent with friends both old and new and filled with incredibly diverse, wonderful music was followed by three weeks of criss-crossing through California (photos). Our special thanks goes to Kathy Mar for her generous hospitality.
- * In June 2010 we were Guests of Honour at the DFDF (Frühlingsfest der Filksmusik) in Bad Salzdetfurth, Germany (photos). After all our preparations the two concerts were a lot of fun for us and, as we hope, for the listeners as well!
- * A wonderful experience: Summer & Fall were the Guests of Honor at ConCertino 2015 in Boxboro, Massachusetts, USA, June 19th-21th, 2015! It was an unbelievably exciting experience!!!
Last updated 17/10/2015 by Christine Blum